Job Opening: Seasonal Sales Rep
Seasonal Sales Rep for Hudson Valley Seed Library
The Hudson Valley Seed Library is a growing seed company that sells seeds across the US. Our seed packs are completely unique: Our packs are contemporary artist depictions of each variety, each pack designed by a different artist.
We currently sell online, through a print seed catalog, at various events across the US and through our seed rack accounts. We are looking for help with our busy spring sales season in February and March to assist with our numerous events in that period and help reach out to wholesale seed rack accounts.
Flower Show travel, booth set up and sales. This comprises the biggest single responsibility of this position.
- The travel window is February 9 through March 21 with a 1-week break in early March.
- Booth set up
- Booth staffing and selling of seeds
- Booth break down and shipping
The Seasonal Sales Rep would also work with our in-house sales staff to travel to existing and potential wholesale accounts as time permits.
Skills and Experience
- Enjoys and is willing to travel
- Outgoing, likes to interact with people
- Strong background in sales, preferably retail
- Can handle lines/crowds and lots of questions
- Ability to stay organized, multitask
- Ability to merchandise and keep booth tidy
- Can work long hours
- Experience with basic hand tools and lift at least 40 pounds
- Experience running an accurate register
- Gardening and farming knowledge a plus, but not necessary
- Experience doing similar types of events a plus, but not necessary
This position is paid on a contract basis.
Please email resume including references to Erin at firstname.lastname@example.org.