Shipping to Canada
We have many customers in Canada and successfully ship many packages across the border every day. We always recommend checking with CIFA regarding items you are ordering, particularly if you are placing a large order. Generally, quantities of small vegetable seeds (lettuce, tomato, kale) weighing less than 500g (seed weight not package weight), and large seeds (bean, corn, squash) weighing less than 1kg meet the 'small lot' import exemption and require no additional documentation. However, for very large orders, or in the case of certain vegetable types sent to certain provinces (for example, corn to BC), a Phytosanitary Certificate may be required. While these situations are rare, we advise checking CIFA for regulatory information before placing your order, as at this time we cannot provide a phytosanitary certificate.
- Corn shipments to British Columbia are prohibited. There are no restrictions on corn to other provinces.
- We are unable to meet requests for phytosanitary certificates.
- We strongly advise shipping to Canada via USPS International Mail; you will be able to select this option at checkout. Shipments sent via UPS often incur high import broker fees that are out of our control.
- We do our best to provide all of the required documentation and labeling on packages sent to Canada to provide the greatest relief to Canadian customers from import tariffs. Because most of our seeds are produced in North America and most of our products are manufactured here, most items in our catalog are exempt from duties. However, additional taxes such as GST may be assessed on arrival. The payment of these fees is the responsibility of the recipient. The Canada Revenue Agency and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency can provide you with the latest information.
- We do not ship any vegetative materials such as tubers, bulbs, seedlings, or trees to any international destinations, including Canada.
Shipping to International Locations Other Than Canada
Due to increasingly stringent laws surrounding the import of even small quantities of seed to many countries, in particular to the EU countries, we are unable to ship seed or plant orders to countries other than the US and Canada. We apologize for any inconvenience.
We do continue to make international shipments of items in our catalog that are not seeds or plants.
- All orders outside of the U.S and Canada ship at your own risk. We do not guarantee shipments to other countries, and will not refund or reship missing international packages.
- We are unable to provide Phytosanitary certificates.
- If duties or taxes apply, you will be contacted by your customs office when the package arrives in your country. Any duties, taxes, or importation fees relating to shipping internationally are the responsibility of the customer and not Hudson Valley Seed Company.