How to Get Fresh with Your Mother (and not get in trouble)
Don't delay! Last day to order for regular shipping in time for Mom's day is May 8th!
While you may have heard (more than once) your mother (or someone else's mother) say, "Don't get fresh with me!" we're here to say, "Go ahead! Get fresh!"
Of course we don't mean you should back-talk to your Mom, but for Mother's Day something garden fresh is in order. Here are our top gift suggestions for the Mother figures in your life. And we won't tell on you if you want to get some of these for yourself!
1. Cook a meal with fresh local produce from your garden and your local farmers. What's in season? Arugula, lettuce, mache (in pic), spinach and more.
2. NEW! Choose one or a set of our beautiful certified organic Dahlia tubers. Our four fab flower choices are: Park Princess (pinks), Procyon (flame), Natan (crimson), and Purple Gem (violets).
3. Say it with seeds! We have a selection of seedy gift baskets including a Mother's Day Gift Basket, Gourmet Salad, Flowerworks, and Culinary Herb Collection. Each collection comes in a reusable porcelain berry basket.
4. Offer to help garden for a day. Some of the most backbreaking work of the season comes all at once at the beginning. Spend a day helping to prepare beds, add compost, transplant, direct sow, and clean up.
5. For picky moms or the mom who knows what she wants try a Seed Library Membership with a Gift Certificate. Our Gift Memberships come with your choice of a $20, $50 or $100 gift certificate.
6. Do you or your mom already have all your seeds but love the artful side of the Seed Library? Check out our Fine Art Prints of the original works commissioned for our Art Packs.
7. Need something that's simple to mail? Will a card do it for your mom? Send one (or a set) of our elegant Seedy Greeting cards. Each silhouette reveals an Art Pack of heirloom seeds inside.